Todays is the the day that I depart...
I am actually in Belgium right now on a 5 hour layover so I thought it would be a good opportunity to start this baby up. There is such a massive amount of craziness going through my head but it feels amazing. I feel so lucky that the past month of my life has been so psycho as it has allowed me to keep my crazy mind free from expectations of what the next month of my life is going to hold. I am so exhilarated by the idea of being plopped into this awesome and unusual culture and I feel so blessed to be have this opportunity (which is why I am going to try and document as much as possible so next time I am doing this one of you guys will be by my side :-p).
It is definitely going to be an eye opening experience soaking up the different aspects of Senegalese culture and living in a major metropolitan area in such a different part of the world. Somewhat stepping into my brothers shoes is going to be awesome and hopefully I can find some career inspiration in learning about what he does and why he has been so passionate about Africa for the past 10 years.
For people who don't know, my bro works for The Whole Plant Foundation as a project leader. You can find more info about him and what they do at that link. Basically he is making loans of about $250 to Africans in need and teaching them how to use that money in a way that will build an economy and a functional society. Its pretty awesome and definitely an important part of the international business world as Africa plays such an integral part in the supply chain.
I hope you guys find what I write interesting and I will try to post as often as I can. I miss everyone already and wish I could have so many people by my side right now! but yay for the interwebzz allowing me to share my experience in such an efficient way.
See you in Dakar :-)
Teej
You know I'm always here for ya buddy! I can't wait to keep reading more about The Adventures of Doe! :D
ReplyDeleteps: If your from Africa...then why are you white?